Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MEDIC!!!!!!

HA! I fucking KNEW IT!!!

Take that, you slovenly flip-flop wearing hippies and no zoners!

Right - vacation's almost over, and I go back to work on Monday. I am taking this one last opportunity of the summer to pay a visit to the male progenitor - bring him a pizza, watch the ballgame, have a larf.

I'm also going to meet the latest pet additions to the family - my family has a tendency to think we're the only people in the world who can properly care for any needy animal, so anytime we're presented with a homeless little furball, you can count on us to take it in. As a result, between all the siblings, we're up to about 15 cats and at least 6 or 7 dogs. So we have a new collie, a new sheltie and a new kitten, all up in Maine and waiting for me to go absolutely maudlin and squeaky over.

Lastly, Sunday night, I ended up going to the Trashcan Sinatras gig at TT's on my own. Thanks, TT's, by the way, for making the show go so late that anyone not on vacation couldn't swing it. Sunday night is NOT Saturday night - you'd think they'd have one less opening band and let everything start a little earlier... but NOOOO.

EVERYONE who said they were going to go ended up bagging on me. Oh well, I am a big girl and I enjoyed myself no less for being on my own. Brought me back to the days when I turned 21 before my roommates and started going to shows on my own - the whole IDEA behind turning 21 was so I could get into clubs and hear live music. Since I drove, I only had a couple of beers. And the parking garage on Green Street is so cheap - I saved enough booze money that I treated myself to a copy of the new disc and a t-shirt. I win. Here are two blurry pictures from my shitty cell phone - Frank Reader, and John Douglas. Yes, I was that close.

TT the Bear's hasn't changed at all in the years since I left my 20's and part of my liver there.






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you were really close. Are you all set for a return to the toil?

21 August, 2009 09:53  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Cat - how's your hangover?

I'm almost ready to go back - to be honest, I could use one more week, but I've already had three and that would just be greedy.

21 August, 2009 11:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home