Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Every damn one of them.

Evidently the twats in Hollywood had another self-congratulatory wank-fest this week, did they?

Didn't watch the Emmys. Didn't know they were on, wouldn't have cared if I had. I may have skipped past it, looking for something interesting to watch, and thought "oh, another awards show, what the fuck is she wearing..." and then moved along. I don't remember. In fact, the only reason it's hovering at the edge of my consciousness at all is that the brilliant ladies at Go Fug Yourself have been having a field day, as they always do after these things.

I've decided not to do any more crappy celebrity posts (stopping at 2, which I do stand by) because I have come to the realization that, with few exceptions, they're all pretty much crappy. And some I consider talented and intelligent celebrities today very likely will do something eventually that makes me change my mind. They're human, I know, though I fear increasingly botoxed and collagened* that very little actual natural tissue and human DNA remains. If you couple that with some seriously bad taste... I mean, Christ, look at Pamela Anderson. She's a fucking nightmare. GAAAAH!!!

I used to love, love, LOVE Harrison Ford. Used to be hot and heroic and smart, seemed to be aging like a good bottle of red, and suddenly, he's like some kind of weird old necrophiliac pedophile**. Blech. I'm over you, Harry. It's done. Don't make a scene. Just go.

And it's not that I don't forgive people for aging. I hate it when people say "oh, he/she looks so OLD." Well, aging happens, I don't mind it. The alternatives are worse, friends. (The alternatives being death or plastic surgery, mind.) Susan Sarandon is aging beautifully, tastefully, gracefully, smoothly...all good. Hell, Gene Hackman is no spring chicken, but yes, I'll admit that I think he's crazy-sexy-smart-cool. Don't make fun of me, I've heard it all before. It's the brains, sweetheart.

Anyway, back to the Emmys. Did Hugh Laurie win anything?




* I don't care if it's not a word. You know what I mean. Fuck off.

** Sounds like a contradiction, doesn't it? But look at Callista Flockhart and tell me I'm wrong. Seriously.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You quoted a TLC album title almost perfectly!
Crazy-Sexy-Cool
;P
G

21 September, 2005 17:18  
Blogger Andraste said...

That's where that came from? I'm so ashamed.

21 September, 2005 18:31  
Blogger Andraste said...

So true, so true. But no one could have foreseen it happening overnight like it did. It started for me when I read an interview where he was described as wearing birkenstocks with socks. The stench of old hippie filled my imagination. The lame old bastard.

Thanks for stopping by!

22 September, 2005 11:09  

<< Home