Friday, December 09, 2005

Fit to be tied.



SO: The Pogues pre-sale was a non-event.

Turns out the e-mail I got that informed me of the presale was a MISTAKE. Ticketmaster fucked up, they weren't even HANDLING the presale. In a moment of urgency, I threw up a hail mary, and sent a reply to the original e-mail that they'd sent to inform me about the presale, basically saying "HELP - the presale isn't working."

I actually got some help, a kind person at the other end actually replied to me, saying they were looking into it. A few hours later, I got another e-mail from this kind and wonderful human being, (thank you Dana, whoever you are), and it turns out that you had to sign up for a presale through the Pogues web site. That sale started at 6pm.

At 6pm on the dot, I logged in, asked for 4 tickets in the higher price range, and it said it couldn't process it because either they didn't have four in that range at all or 4 in the same row...didn't specify. Went back to try for two tickets, and was informed that the entire pre-sale was SOLD OUT. So, by 6:01pm, the entire presale was over.

Well, I'm no fucking fool. I know exactly what happened. FUCKING TICKET BROKERS got all the presale tickets...in one minute. Now they will be re-selling them, at HUGELY inflated prices, to desperate people who will have no choice...and NEVER DID have a chance to buy the tickets at the regular price, through legal means.

Something must be done. Something must be done.

Ticket brokers, I hate you. You suck, and you will go to hell when you die. Every last fucking one of you. Yes, I'm looking at YOU.

I WILL get tickets to this concert, despite you cunts. I don't care that Shane McGowan is practically DEAD and hasn't a tooth left in his mouth. I don't care that they're all old and past their prime. I WILL see the Pogues. If I have to stab a scalper outside the show with his own hard, jagged soul and steal his tickets...I will.

20 Comments:

Blogger the anti-barney said...

Attagirl Andraste,keep trying,it'll be worth it even if they only play A Rainy Night in Soho before they all die on stage.
I met Shane a few years ago when we
were both staying in Blooms hotel,I
must admit right here that I was drunker than he was.

09 December, 2005 15:03  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, AB. I'll drink a toast to you at the show.

Drunker than Shane then and not in a coma now?

I AM impressed.

09 December, 2005 15:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you go and listen to some of that nice Sibelius music for a change instead. It is his birthday, after all.

09 December, 2005 17:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry luv, that's a huge drag...check this out: http://www.fantasyland.com/ticketbastard/

09 December, 2005 17:47  
Blogger Andraste said...

Stephen - IN B, FENBY!!!! Check out my wishlist on amazon, baby, and tell me I am not eclectic. You snob.

Anonymous - Thanks! Just read the first page, and it's absolutely disgusting! Let's revolt!

Well, maybe I will...I'm already revolting.

09 December, 2005 21:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What he said.
That said, Sibelius was a fairly drunken Finnish cunt. Wrote a good tune or two though.

09 December, 2005 23:04  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hey MFV- Welcome, once again, to the jungle.

Just force-fed some Pogues to the Motts. he's amused... not quite getting the whole thing, though. Oh well, viva la difference.

09 December, 2005 23:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taint' fer everyone! Get it? Ha ha ha hhaa! I kill me. Hey I stopped drinking for two weeks, whaddaya want? But I'm back now!

09 December, 2005 23:25  
Blogger Andraste said...

Seriously...she won't like that!

Stopped drinkin'?

Flu?

09 December, 2005 23:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh she can take it.

No - likely not flu ... You remember me, right?

I just enjoyed at some of the other amusing posts. Olive is nice.

09 December, 2005 23:33  
Blogger Andraste said...

Enjoy.

Olive is definitely a cutie. Responsible for my first real gray hairs. No shit. I have several.

Three fucking felines. God help me.

I have my dry spells, that's when I seek out stupid videos and just post them out of boredom. But really, 75% of the world makes me go "What the FUCK?"

It's a good thing this isn't a politics blog, or I'd get really tedious. Te-di-ous.

09 December, 2005 23:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mice in this place. May have to get cats. Not ready for it yet though. Enjoying freedom for a bit.
Leo Sayer guy was good.
Don't forget you can do Karaoke for free on "On demand"
You know you want it.

09 December, 2005 23:45  
Blogger Andraste said...

Mice?

Get cat(s)...simple. Chemical free solution and the cat(s) won't get into trouble if they're doing that versus breaking shit. Believe me.

Keep 'em busy, keep 'em busy. Idle hands...oh, fuck it. I'm going to bed.

Cheers!

09 December, 2005 23:49  
Blogger Andraste said...

Lastly, get female cats. Males STINK and don't respect litter box rules. Females...better hunters anyway. I bet Brewski has an opinion....

09 December, 2005 23:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how most of your friends are Irish on here.
What could that mean?

09 December, 2005 23:51  
Blogger Andraste said...

Dunno!

Maybe it was Emerald Bile that started the whole thing...

Though there are a couple of Scots. Will link soon to Gentleman Kim, he's a good man.

Oh, and Dr. Maroon and Binty are Scots(ch), I think...

Of course...it's blogging. EVERYONE could be lying. They could all be from fucking IOWA.

09 December, 2005 23:53  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, and Beardy is in Belgium, but has yet to specify his background...

I think he's Welsh.

C'mon Beardy, put 'em up!

09 December, 2005 23:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celts. They are all the same essentially. Whether pontificating into you with rancid pub breath in Glsagow or swinging the mace at a few Romans in Somerville or Dublin.
I'm just sayin'

10 December, 2005 00:29  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

Scots. But not in Scotland. Moved away about 9 months ago. Now in SE Asia

10 December, 2005 00:58  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Binty. I'd often wondered what you meant by Sinless City, and my guess was pretty close.

10 December, 2005 09:04  

<< Home