Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday is Addiction Day...

....Evidently.

Right, my addictions. Well...I really only have two.

The first, and one that I don't think I'll ever get over, or want to, is to real, pulp-filled, sweet, NOT FROM CONCENTRATE Orange Juice. I simply MUST start every single day with at least a shot of the stuff. Hits the mouth with its cold, sour, magical loveliness, providing a quick shot of natural sugar, cleaning out the oral cobwebs. Simply cannot live without it. Do not attempt to sneak any FROM CONCENTRATE shite past me, I will KNOW. And it will absolutely RUIN my day.

My second addiction is coffee. And it's very specific, this coffee I must have. You see, there are two types of coffee drinkers in the world; Starbuck's people and Dunkin' Donuts people. I am firmly in the Dunkin' Donuts camp. It's a smooth, soothing cuppa, with no disastrous gastric side effects, very comforting indeed.



I have a special relationship with the lovely people who work in the Dunkin' Donuts in the Harvard Square T Station in Cambridge. My order is ready, to my exact liking, without my having to open my mouth to order it, sometimes while I'm several spaces back in the line, always served with a smile, a hello, and a friendly inquiry as to how I am, how my weekend was, etc. What would I do without them? Sweet, sweet blue-collar, down-to-earth people.

Not like those snobby laxative peddlers at Starbuck's, with their fancy ways.

6 Comments:

Blogger Binty McShae said...

Not having a Dunkin' Donuts in Sinless City I am obviously missing out... but Starbucks are doing a Christmas Open House today where you can turn up for a free coffee. Hooray!

08 December, 2005 01:32  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

Be careful of that stuff though...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/120705/coffee-dealer.gif

08 December, 2005 01:34  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

This is amazing! I was away yesterday and did not know! The people who know me are sick to death of this, but the best coffee to be had in Noo Yoik is at DD's. It is on the corner of W32nd and 5th AV.
I keep quiet about this in case people say "and what were you doing in Dunkin' Donuts anyway?" what a fearful snob, well not any more!
Well done Rabbit Girl!

09 December, 2005 06:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to get a cup of at the S-buck's in DC's Union Station. And I ask the girl at the counter for a small coffee. She looks at me, and says, "Small is tall."

Huh?

Turns out, the cup size that I wanted is 'short.' Fucking wankers. I hate those bastards.

09 December, 2005 11:23  
Blogger Andraste said...

Stay away from Starbuck's unless you get a thrill from fecal urgency. Dunkin' D's is much easier to order, easier to drink, and easier on the stomach lining.

09 December, 2005 11:38  
Blogger Amy said...

Depends on the day, though. Sometimes the D&D is old/burned and it's an immediate need for a loo. But Starbucks is a promise to need the WC. Which is almost always a one-er. Which is good, I guess, so not everyone is jettisoning their coffee at once.
Man, I just grossed myself out but good.

09 December, 2005 13:50  

<< Home