Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Things that still suck

Last I checked, and in no particular order:

*UPS
*Dreamweaver
*NASCAR
*Jessica Simpson (and, indeed, her ilk)
*Mesclun Greens
*First day back at work after a 3-day weekend
*Bode Miller
*Sandals
*Flared trousers
*Art Rock
*Jihads
*Dubya
*Religion
*What currently passes as "country music" on the radio
*Florida
*Rent increases
*Movies about old cartoons or sitcoms
*Jim Carey
*Reality TV
*Donald Trump
*Doctoral students who can't read directions, hit a deadline, spell, or use correct grammar
*Current women's shoe styles
*Homophobes
*Cigarettes
*Flying
*Traveling
*College week on "Jeopardy!"
*Hair bands
*Bernie & Phyll commercials (Bostonians will know what I mean. God! Those voices...it's like a rake across a chalk board.)
*Yankee Fans
*The NBA
*Dominoe's Pizza
*Any weird pizza where new places are found to put cheese. Enough, already!
*Brussels sprouts
*Natural disasters
*Republicans
*The Religious Right


Oh, there's more. I just have to get back to work now.


EDIT: By "Hair bands" I don't mean things you use to keep your hair under control and out of your face. I mean those gawdawful bands from the 80's, with big, stupid hair, and whose music was the rough equivalent of aural laxatives. Just diabolically bad. Thanks, Lucy, for pointing out my ambiguity.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Nuh-huh. Hairbands don't suck anymore. Would Peaches and Fifi Geldof be wearing them if they did? I think not.

21 February, 2006 12:47  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Lucy, thanks for stopping by!

Actually, I meant shitty 80's musical bands, the ones with stupid, big hair and who thought they were so "hard," but really were a bunch of nancyboys. I can't even think of any names right now, but you know what I mean...

Perhaps I should edit and clarify that!

21 February, 2006 12:55  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Dog owners who let their pets shit all over the sidewalk on the route to school. My biggest fury igniter.

21 February, 2006 13:16  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm with Kim on the dog crap and people who wear high heels with shorts ought to be whipped with a chain.
Bye, going out to watch football.

21 February, 2006 13:22  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

I almost agree 100%... but Brussel Sprouts are great! Did you know that whether you like or dislike them is genetically programmed into you...?

21 February, 2006 19:42  
Blogger Monstee said...

Oh yes! Me just love a good rant... even if it in list form!!

Me totally agree with you 87.5%!!

Doc, me have tried Brussel Sprouts few times and, although me no think they suck, me am not sure if me like them or not. What do that say about me genetically?

22 February, 2006 02:44  
Blogger El Barbudo said...

Blokes who shave. Whimps.

22 February, 2006 06:32  
Blogger Andraste said...

Binty - say more about this please. I've been wondering whether my hatred of all things bitter (self excluded, ha, ha) is somehow related to some genetic predisposition or an elevated set of those particular bitter-sensitive taste buds.

Sour, now that I can handle. I eat lemons.

22 February, 2006 09:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fail to see what's wrong with art rock.

22 February, 2006 12:05  

<< Home