Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Vacation


Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Had to top the awful mankini photo on FMC's site.

I'm going to Newport, RI for a few days. Though I'm not a beach person, I married one, so I'll have to deal with it for at least one day. All about compromise, me.

Rest assured, I will not look like this charred corpse on my return. (Here's a tip: Invest in Aveeno skin-care products, as they are about to see a spike in sunblock sales. I'm covering up, and yes, that's a fair amount of canvas.) I'll be in the fetal position under an umbrella, slathering some SPF 5 million on, fanning myself with a copy of Vanity Fair, and whinging that none of the Newport liquor stores stock Cider Jack.

Good times.




7 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

He's pretty vile aint he? Like years ago when Peter Stringfellow (aging lothario stripclub owner wannbe Hefner never be) strutted down the sands of Cannes wearing an electric snot green thong, I shit you not. I only wish I could find that photo for ya.
Anyhoo, have a very lovely break, mucho kissios.

01 August, 2006 12:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to the beach? Sell out.

01 August, 2006 13:45  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks FMC - I'll miss our daily 'check-ins'

Stephen - says the guy who vacations in Florida? Sell out my pale white arse.

01 August, 2006 13:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there outside of a guy who got sued for calling the state of me tourism association a lying bunch of whores your is the only blog I have ever read, and you are off on vacation at the beach, in newport has someone been drilling holes in your grape?

I took a break from cycling only to find you at the beach and no fuckin pete townsend songs on itunes

03 August, 2006 22:03  
Blogger Toenex said...

Mary mother of God. I've eat KFC with tighter skin!

04 August, 2006 06:53  
Blogger SheBah said...

Have a great holiday, Andraste.

04 August, 2006 11:41  
Blogger Betty the Sheep said...

Ahh Cider Jack, fond memories of Nantucket in '99. I drank Bud Light for a couple of weeks (despite the fact that I loathe beer) then I discovered Cider Jack and was as happy as a pig in muck for the rest of the summer.

09 August, 2006 10:04  

<< Home