Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crawling from the wreckage


"JAYSIS, Andraste," I hear you say, "why don't you update this frigging thing while we're all still continent, for the LOVE of PETE."

Welllll...just you be careful what you wish for. That's all I'm saying.

Been planning my gardens. PLURAL, bitches. That's right. We have not just a yard, we have grounds. Okay, they're not very big, but they're distinct areas, so let me live the joy, will you. This house has a back yard, and a front yard, and all kinds of little thought about areas that need filling in with lovely flowering plants, herbs, ground covers, evergreens and whatever else. But first I have to do some destroying. You should see the nasty, dead old plantings the previous owner left in the front yard - KeeeeRYST, it looks like someone released poisonous gas over some weak, alien cabbages. I don't know what they are, or were supposed to be, but they don't do a thing but sit there, looking moldy and sullen. "What do you expect us to do," they ask, "Photosynthesize?" No, actually, because you're being torn the fuck out, you useless, ugly, cheerless little bastards. Just as SOON as I get a day off that isn't pishing doon with RAIN. So don't get too comfortable.

Maybe someone who imagines antagonistic conversations with dead greenery shouldn't really be sharing it on a blog. But I am unwell.

Oh yeah, the unwell part. Thought I had spring allergies, but the mild cough and sniffles turned out to be a head cold, which in turn, turned out to be the plague. Maybe I got a dose of the same poison gas that destroyed the alien quasi-cabbages, but I've been coughing things up that I could put in a stroller and take shopping. It is vile.

What else is there. The house is a mess, Spouse is now sick too. You should hear that...no, you shouldn't. Nevermind that.

Things to do, things to do...


11 Comments:

Blogger Fresh Hell said...

Heh... I thought I was coming down with a head cold and it turned out to be muther-fracken allergies. This horse shit didn't happen to me in California... however California is populated largely by Californians so there is always a price to pay. Dammitt!!

03 May, 2007 21:23  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

"JAYSIS, Andraste," I hear you say, "why don't you update this frigging thing while we're all still continent, for the LOVE of PETE."
Not Stinking Pete surely? No wonder you've been ill.

04 May, 2007 07:31  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Was wondering where you'd been.

Sorry about the plauge and cabbages. Hope both are out of your life soon.

04 May, 2007 15:35  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

"why don't you update this frigging thing while we're all still continent"

Ooops, too late. I'll get the mop.

05 May, 2007 18:39  
Blogger Manuel said...

Best of luck with the garden n all that.Got my backyard looking great with lots of plants andd hanging things and all that stuuf, then some robbing little get scooped most of it when I wa at work. Now I'm left with sunflowers and a tub of Basil. I despair sometimes, well often actually...

05 May, 2007 20:23  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Photosynthesizing is for losers. Pah.

06 May, 2007 09:17  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Continence is for losers. We're just too uptight in our society.

07 May, 2007 18:52  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hello? Still poorly/busy?

15 May, 2007 12:46  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hello Cat, thanks for checking in. Not poorly anymore, just busier than I've ever been...in my LIFE. Unbelievable. Also haven't much to say. Hoping something silly will occur to me soon or I may put this blog to sleep.

Loved your housework post, by the way. And I agree 100%. Ironing can fuck...right...off.

15 May, 2007 13:07  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Long as your dandy it's all good.

15 May, 2007 16:18  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Glad to hear all is well. Is it house-moving stuff you're busy with?

18 May, 2007 12:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home