Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Greetings from L'Hotel du Chatte


Friday. Friday before a holiday weekend. Friday with the sun shining and the scent of flowers and other spring greenery wafting into my office window. Friday...and I'm fully expecting the boss to wander in at any moment and tell me to take my tired carcass out of here. Please God, let it happen just like that...and soon. This rabbit needs a nap.

At the risk of turning this into a kitty blog, here's an update. Luna has her own fucking room now. Complete with food, water, double bed, litter box, and two tree filled windows. The spoiled little bitch. Hey, we have to do whatever it takes so we can sleep at night...though she's the one, of the three cats, who most loves to sleep with mom & dad in the big bed and greet us in the morning with purrs and head butts and cuddles. So it's more than a little sad that she has to be the one locked up... But we just can't have her in there with us, on the chance that Olive might wander in, and we'll be awakened in the middle of the night by World War Frigging Three on the pillow next to our heads. Locking Olive up in the guest room wouldn't work, she'd scream and cry and scratch at the door all night - so it has to be Luna, because she just curls up and goes to sleep, or simply hangs out quietly on her own.

Happier times. I'm pretty sure we won't see any of this from now on...

Vinegar - bless her little dominant calico soul - is above all this, and is going about her business, seemingly oblivious to the tensions between the other two. Perhaps she's just happily self-medicating with catnip. Good for her.



Happy weekend everyone! We're going to Maine for a SeaDogs game, and I'm going to drink the city of Portland dry. Dry, I tell you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fresh Hell said...

Bottoms up Senorta! Portland should be shaking in thier boots at the impending drought.

I'm off to western MA for the Sheep and Wool Festival in Cumminton. I'm taking pictures of people mis-handling ovine farm animals. At least I hope I can catch someone in an inappropriate act with a farm beast.

25 May, 2007 14:27  
Blogger Manuel said...

Nice, have fun. Must see if i have a cat recipe, mmmmmmmm

25 May, 2007 20:48  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

If you drink Portland dry, I will be duly impressed.

Have fun!

26 May, 2007 10:07  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Udiua? Strange word thingie. Anyhoo, have a velly nice weekend. It is sunday morning and my mouth feels like a litter tray, not good I tell you.

27 May, 2007 07:06  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Luna needs a good lawyer and Olive needs an olive in the puss.

Hope your weekend is panning out to be a smashing one, hun.

28 May, 2007 11:20  
Blogger ExAfrica said...

Shit - wish I knew you were coming up!

Perhaps that explains why every bar in the Old Port has no more booze left???

29 May, 2007 18:53  
Blogger ExAfrica said...

Note to self:
Read Horse's Ass Pub more often...


Word Verification ended in NFG - again, note to self......

29 May, 2007 18:55  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

Oh my goodness we have cat couple twins! They look just like my Nickels and Jerry!! I'm going to post a pic of them on the blog now.

08 June, 2007 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home