Friday, May 18, 2007

It's a Cool Ranch Dorito Kinda Day


Oh dear, oh dear....looks as though, of late, this blog has taken a back seat to what I laughingly call "other business."
("Other business" being basically the job, the freelance job, home improvements, gardening, watching baseball...and becoming one of those angry, impatient Masshole drivers. Why, yes, thanks, I've been practicing. You set your goals and you get after 'em, is what I always say.)

I'm sitting here in my little office, with nothing to do (well, plenty to do, but none of it's close to deadline and I can't seem to focus on it), listening to the rain splatter on my window, wishing I could leave RIGHT FUCKING NOW, get liquored up and roll around the floor of my sitting room with a catnip toy.

I am in some serious emotional distress. Partly it's boredom and the dreary weather that's doing it, partly it's that my head just exploded at the sight of some little tartlet in Harvard Square, sporting a micro miniskirt, flip-flops...and leg warmers. Seems to me, bad taste aside, you must COMMIT to being cold - if you must delude yourself that it's not a raw, wet 40 degrees out there and dress for the beach - or COMMIT to dressing appropriately for the weather. You can't have it both ways. It's like the socks with sandals thing, really. If you must wear socks, then IT'S TOO COLD FOR SANDALS. If you must wear leg warmers...well, I would have said IT'S TOO COLD FOR SANDALS again, but really - if you must wear leg warmers, YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LET OUT ON YOUR OWN.

Anyway, fashion rant aside (it was weak, I know, my heart's not really in it) it is Friday, and the clock ticks merrily toward beer o'clock. I'll be at John Brewer's by 5:30, and well trolleyed and beyond caring when tonight's ballgame is rained out.


10 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Don't you just hate those kinds of fashion choices? Flip flops in this weather? I hope she gets frostbite.

When your life settles down a bit, we should get together and have those too many drinks. I have an e-mail link on my profile.

18 May, 2007 16:35  
Blogger Andraste said...

Sassy! Definitely! Another insane week next week, perhaps the one after...

Have a fab weekend, m'dear!

18 May, 2007 16:54  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

At least they weren't ballet pumps! Have a luverly weekend missus.

18 May, 2007 17:43  
Blogger Manuel said...

get em in til ye! I'm gonna!

18 May, 2007 19:54  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

Something really should be done about leg warmers outside of professional dancing or Flashdance costume parties. Socks and sandals are always the hallmark of someone who is not worth knowing.

I've wondered since I've lived here if John Brewer's was worth visiting...

19 May, 2007 22:55  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

Leg warmers.... They were a bad idea the first time around, and a worse idea now. I don't care if you're a dancer; if you don't have enough flesh on your legs to keep your legs warm while you're maniacally twirling around a room, fucking well eat something.

Glad to see you have recovered, by the way.

20 May, 2007 05:07  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Leg warmers are a good thing in dance classes. I danced for fifteen years, and they save your legs.

A fashion statement, however, they are not. They look disgusting.

20 May, 2007 10:48  
Blogger Andraste said...

Cat - thanks, and I do hope your weekend is going well. Of course, not checking this until Sunday is a bit after the fact, but...a retroactive good weekend to you too!

Manuel - how is your dirty weekend going?

Fresh Hell - Brewer's is okay. Mainly we go there because it's so close to home, not because it's stellar food. - good tap room, nice beer selection, friendly crowd, decent service...but alas...shitty menu.

Sparrow - thanks for the good wishes. Hope you're recovering too...feeling better, I hope?

20 May, 2007 10:48  
Blogger Little Miss Manuel said...

His "dirty" weekend was a let down

20 May, 2007 12:42  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Leg warmers make legs look pneumatic. You expect to see these people bounce, not walk.

21 May, 2007 10:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home