Monday, June 25, 2007

7AM

4:30AM = birds beginning their noisy day = cats awake = cats restless and fucking around, making noise = me, up, considering grilled cat for dinner.

Used the time wisely, though. Just finished my first elliptical workout in over two months, and typing this as I ice my poor footie and cool down before I take my shower and go to work.

Doing the workout was strategic on my part as well, because it drew Olive away from the other two cats (she IS the instigator and if she weren't so cute she'd have been glove liners a LONG time ago) because she always has to be where Mommy is. This allows other two cats to be quiet and go back to sleep, allowing SPOUSE to sleep a little while longer.

See? The SACRIFICES I MAKE?

Just also want to say - bugger this. I want to work a four day week and have Mondays off. Two day weekends are simply not enough. I don't even start to relax until Sunday, and then I only get two or three hours before I start getting the Sunday Blues thinking about Monday.

I know what you're saying, you're saying, "Oh, get off the cross." And you'd be right. I KNOW.

This is what I sound like when I'm up a good hour and a half before I should be. The whine of a broken engine belt and breath from the grave. Ugh.


6 Comments:

Blogger Fresh Hell said...

If only I could get up early... I was up until 3 AM... reading. Fine pursuit, but seriously, this day is going to kick the ever-lovin' crap out of me.

25 June, 2007 08:37  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Jesus, that's early. I was just turning over for second snoozies at that stage. Props to ya.

25 June, 2007 11:44  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I may regret this but I have added your pub to my list of tourist destinations.

25 June, 2007 20:53  
Blogger Andraste said...

F. Hell - 3am, yikes! What the hell are you reading that's THAT good?

F. Cat - I'm paying for it now. Believe me.

M. B&H - reciprocated. How was it for you?

25 June, 2007 21:24  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Better than expected now I realize you are a woman!

26 June, 2007 02:26  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

Sad state of affairs, it's not even that good. Part formulaic historical romance, part scientific history. I have the just one more chapter bad habit. I also have the just one more row bad habit when knitting. I should be banned from reading in bed.

Oh, and the book is The Alchemist's Daughter.

26 June, 2007 12:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home