Friday, June 01, 2007

I GIVE, already.


Okay, I give up - I'm seeing my doctor today about this stupid foot pain. I usually avoid going to the doctor for what I consider minor pains, colds, coughs, etc. In general, most of what is wrong with me is usually easily treatable with rest and asprin, sometimes a blast of vitamins and Motrin.

But this thing has gone on too long. It was gradually getting better, a little bit a day, and I thought for sure by the weekend it would be fine. Then I twisted the bastard on my way to work and I've run out of patience with my supposedly 'self-correcting' body. Seems it wants more attention than I've been willing to admit.

Is this the kind of shite that's supposed to happen when you hit your 40's? Well....no sir, I don't like it. I want my 25 year old body back. You know, the one that could drink all night, grab a shower and go to work without actually dying by noon? The one that could lose 10 pounds just by switching to light beer for a couple of weeks? The one with the energy to work full time, go to school full time, drink like a fish, and manage to graduate Cum Laude? THAT ONE?

Fuckity fuck.

The previous may lead readers to believe I'm in a worse mood than I am. I just tend to focus on the one little thing that sucks right now. Yeah, the ankle thing sucks, but lookit! It's Friday, Payday, the sun is out, we're looking at a full weekend of good baseball (Sox/Yankees, at Fenway, and the crowd is going to be RELENTLESS on A-Rod's most recent bush league jackassery. Which will be HILARIOUS. Fun, fun, fun), and despite the ankle, the rest of these old bones are just fine. Maybe I'll even get some high-powered painkillers out of my doctor, and spend my evening in a shimmering psychedelic puddle. Park the truck, open a nice little Rioja, and let the fun begin, dahlings.
Rockit!




9 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

We have a bank holiday weekend! Huzzah! Let the beer cometh and foameth. I have a race on Monday I will scowl at folk in honour of both you and poor Finn who is also banjaxed. Oh age, she is a cruel mistress.

01 June, 2007 12:21  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Feel better, and may the Sox continue to dominate the bastards.

01 June, 2007 12:41  
Blogger MairĂ©ad said...

I know exactly what you mean! Hope you feel better very soon.

01 June, 2007 16:28  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

I'm suffering the same frustration with my nearly 40 knee that I sprained several weeks ago. I broke down and made an appointment with a doctor yesterday as well. Dammitt!! I second Fat Mammy Cat's opinion of age.

02 June, 2007 12:41  
Blogger Manuel said...

I've got a 25 year old body. Pity it belongs to my girlfriend

03 June, 2007 13:08  
Blogger Louise Frank said...

I found this very funny posting on someone's blog. It was so like I was brought up that it made me laugh.
http://aroundmykitchentable.blogspot.com/2007/03/iodine-and-germolene.html

04 June, 2007 15:26  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Manuel, do you know how many jealous men would shoot you on sight for declaring it a pity your girlfriend has a 25 year old body?

741788324. That's how many. In the Americas alone.

04 June, 2007 18:57  
Blogger Mary Witzl said...

I have a shoulder like that, and it is hogging all the attention. I'm having to coddle it endlessly with cold packs, hot compresses, physical therapy and exercises, and yet it still gripes. Just hope the rest of the body doesn't start getting envious and acting up.

05 June, 2007 03:58  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Missus! It's friday again, huzzah! Have a rockin' weekend. It's sunny here, SUNNY!

08 June, 2007 09:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home