Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bring on the wee ghoulies!

So, Blogger is being a douchebag and won't let me upload a Halloweeny picture for today's post. Huh. Good time for the picture function to go wonky, Halloween day, am I right? Nice job, Blogger. Cunt.

BUT I WON'T LET THAT SPOIL MY DAY.
Christ, if my commute to work this morning didn't do it, I won't let blogger have the satisfaction.

Tonight is the night when I'll see how my new neighborhood stacks up for the little ghouly trick or treaters, and holiday spirit. And I am ready. I've got my witch hat and stripey stockings, and a big bowl of sweets all ready to go. Got a perch in the front window for my big green-eyed black cat (I don't know how she knows, maybe she's just fascinated by all the activity, but she sits in the front window every Halloween, watching - and the kids go wild. You should see the big wide eyes as they approach and realize Luna is NOT an inanimate decoration, but a live animal. It's priceless.) and a compact disc of Gregorian Chant, which I will be blasting out the front windows to entice the little buggers.

Child stew this weekend. Yum.

Halloween. Me likey.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Pesky wabbit!

31 October, 2007 11:11  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Me likey, too.
I have a huge bowl of candy waiting for them, pumpkin lights in the window, and a 3 ft plastic skeleton next to the front door.

31 October, 2007 11:13  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

I'm working late tonight, so sadly, I won't likely see any of the ghoulies in my neighborhood tonight. There should be a rule that Halloween falls only on weekends.

31 October, 2007 12:17  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Me too!

31 October, 2007 12:42  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Thanks for visiting my spot! I only got 6 groups of kids tonight. My 2 and 4 year olds brought back 5 lbs of candy to bring the household total (including that we bought to give out) to 9 lbs. Enough to last through Super Bowl Sunday.

31 October, 2007 20:10  
Blogger The Bad Ambassador said...

Could possibly be my favourite day of the year.

This year we got the good old fashioned "Scream" mask, put it on a balloon and tied it to the ceiling in the porch leaving the porch in almost complete darkness.

Then when the little ghouls called to the door, I answered dressed as a hunched, decrepit old man and shone a flashlight up onto said masked balloons suddenly revealing them. Cue much screaming and merriment from the kids.

Bliss!

01 November, 2007 09:27  
Blogger Andraste said...

Docky - Pesky is right. You love it.

Medbh - I have practically all my candy left over. Should have bought crappier candy, now I won't be able to lay off!

Hell - So right. I wish Halloween was always Friday. Saturday would be an interruption. I'd have to come home from my afternoon pub crawl and then go back out.

David Sully and bad ambassador - Welcome to the pub! Make yourselves comfy. We're a sweary crew, and the floor may be sticky, but the kids are alright.

01 November, 2007 15:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home