Monday, October 22, 2007

ONWARD!!!!

(Photo absolutely pirated from Boston.com.)

Well, that was some series, huh? I am physically and emotionally drained and we have to do it all again in two days? Not complaining, by any stretch. BELIEVE me, I would much rather have more baseball to look forward to than not. I just need to work on my stamina. I'm so tired I can't really do much in the way of useful work.


So I spent most of the day on a Cleveland sports message board, reading fan reaction to the ALCS. Plenty of energy for that, it seems.

Some are angry, some resigned, some hopeful for a better outcome next year, some are whiny, some are bitching about bad officiating, etc. Mostly they're just incredibly, heartbreakingly sad. As I would be in their shoes.


Sports fans are the same everywhere. They really are. You could change some of the names and stats in that forum, and it could be ANY city, after ANY post-season elimination.

And I don't know if everyone else was watching the same series I did, but let's just say we're lucky it's not us, this time around.


11 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Yep Beckham was shite, I heard the series got cancelled.

22 October, 2007 17:20  
Blogger ADW said...

I can personally vouch for the devestation, being from Cleveland and all. Crap.

22 October, 2007 22:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try losing the Rugby World Cup at the quarter finals - after four years of press that your team is the best in the world. The lights have been turned off in New Zealand.

23 October, 2007 00:32  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Mr. M lost interest when the Phillies were eliminated. My mother believes that legend about the Phillies being curse because the city built taller than William Penn's statue a top city hall.

23 October, 2007 09:13  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Pfft, try being Irish and watching our teams play rugby and soccer. Jesus, no wonder I drink.

23 October, 2007 09:37  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Agreed. They played some damn good baseball. I really didn't expect the Sox to win.

Last night was fun, eh? I'm not buying any bubbly, though. I think we haven't seen what they can do.

25 October, 2007 07:42  
Blogger Cycles Goff said...

Unlucky thirteen runs? Is that the last run they score this year? Am I being overly negative?

(Go South Park!)

25 October, 2007 11:51  
Blogger Canadian Girl said...

2-0 in the World Series: Go Boston! The score in the first game was unbelievable, much closer in the second. I'm looking forward to the next game.

26 October, 2007 14:15  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

FMC... think you've got it bad? Try being Scots! We're far worse...

27 October, 2007 01:01  
Blogger Canadian Girl said...

4-0, a clean sweep - who'dathunkit? Cheers!

29 October, 2007 01:13  
Blogger Manuel said...

Go Sox!!

29 October, 2007 08:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home