Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Here...Hare...Here...

The rabbit lifts its head from its evening silflay...
...rubs its whiskers clean and shouts, "Holy Shit! I haven't posted in almost two weeks - I'd better get my bitch on and type something in that damn box or everyone will think I'm dead or something, for the love of Tito."
Well...been busy, much regular work, much freelance work, much baseball, much socializing, much, much, much...yadda yadda yadda. Today was the first day I could take an actual lunch break in almost a month. Not whinging, mind, there's enough cash in my account to justify a few things.

To wit:
Firstly, I just spent over a hundred bucks on a pair of shoes that are NOT BOOTS. That's right, pals o'mine, I bought an actual pair of pumps. Nice little suede jobbies with a MaryJane type strap, and a reasonable heel. Justified the purchase by telling myself that this one pair replaces about 10 pairs of girl shoes that were thrown away because Luna pissed on them. Since none of THOSE had been out of the box in over three years (the last time I wore a dress may well have been my wedding in 2003, but I can't really remember) these ought to last me for the rest of my life. They'll remain in the box, on a high, non-cat-accessible shelf, for when I need them. Which I hope won't happen more than once a year or so. Weddings, funerals and job interviews are about the only reason I ever dress like a girl - and I'm sincerely hoping none of these occasions will come up anytime soon.

- Flashback to strawberry blond toddler, circa 1969, being forced into a dress for some family event or other, and great was the battle, with tears, screaming, violence, and gnashing of teeth. Dressing up is vile. Dresses are a patriarchal tool used to perpetuate the myth of feminine weakness and uselessness for anything but fucking and breeding. End of fucking story -

Also, donated some money to MoveOn.Org to help override Bush's idiotic SCHIP veto. Honestly, Shrub - your head is even further up your arse on this one than even I suspected. You fucking bag of laundry.

Also taking my first evening off from transcription in ...oh, nigh on a month now too. Just got back from a lovely pub dinner with SPOUSE - at Tommy Doyle's in Newton. The Donegal Scallops: not bad. The mashed potatoes: Fuck, YES.

So - now you know the minutiae of my day. And you waited almost two weeks for it. You poor bahstids.

Tomorrow, Sassy and Hell and I are meeting for drinks again. Hoping that our presence in one of these saloon type places or other will bring our boys of summer some luck. I hope it works. But even if it doesn't, and the Sox are eliminated from the 2007 ALCS, and shipped off to golf courses around the American south, we'll still have had a blast, I'm thinking.

Now - where are my slippers...

EDIT: Oh yeah, two new links. Take a look. Stranded on Gaia and Dante and the Lobster. Cracking stuff. Cracking.




Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Thanks for the linkage, sweetheart.

Don't get me started on cat pee. I lost 3 houses to the stank of it even though I loved my old fat girl dearly and pampered her until she died. She made us pay for getting the dogs in a big way.

Congrats on getting the Mary Janes. They sound fab and are THE shoe of the season. I'm most jealous, Andraste.

17 October, 2007 21:09  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

If our triumvirate of feisty broads bellying up at the saloon doesn't bring great luck to the boys, they're done for before we even pool our energies. Anxiously anticipating fun and games with y'all, once again.

I have a certain susceptability to Mary Janes. Particularly Slutty Mary Janes. I may just get married to make you take 'em on a strut. ;-) Of course, that would entail getting me a man and all that. Perhaps tomorrow night will be serendipitous that way.

17 October, 2007 22:08  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

You should wear those pumps tonight! Perhaps a change of footwear will influence the series?

18 October, 2007 07:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

Medbh - no problem. I finally had a chance to look around and see that some folks were linking to me that I hadn't reciprocated. Some day I'll have time to put into this blogging thing again, and won't that be nice.

Hell - Yes, what is it about that slutty strap that's so yummy? Even I, tomboy of tomboys, get the whole shoe thing.

Sass- I'm afraid they wouldn't go with the Levis - plus, I'm about to put in a 12 hour day before even hitting the bar. For this reason, and a recent flare up of the plantar fasciitis, it's my 8-hole Docs today, with some of those 'old lady comfort inserts' and heel cups. Why, yes, if I don't need a walker coming in, I'll need one coming out!

18 October, 2007 09:18  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Some of us will need to see photos of these swish sounding shoes...so that they might point them out to paramours and say 'seeeee, other folk are buying new shoes!'

18 October, 2007 15:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home