Friday, March 13, 2009

My tardis is broken.


It's the damnedest things that wake you up at 4 AM. Here's today's litany of sleep-depriving thoughts:

1. An awful essay I wrote in college almost 20 years ago, on Emerson's "The Oversoul." It STILL pisses me off. My professor couldn't make heads or tails of what I'd written, because I couldn't make heads or tails of the transcendentalists. Nonsense.

2. The brakes on my truck are wonky again - less than a year and a half after spending $800 on new ones. I grew up believing in the reliability and longevity of Ford trucks, but fucking hell. Okay, that's a safety issue, and a money issue. This is the kind of thing that adults worry about. It's perfectly legitimate to be awake at 4 in the morning thinking about that. So let's move on to...

3. WORK! More nonsense, of course. Blee.

4. One of my cats won't touch canned cat food, and only eats canned chicken, which is produced and marketed for people. Well, let's be honest - it's produced and marketed for old people. She eats fairly expensive dry food, so I know she's getting a complete diet, and it's probably better for her than canned cat food which contains fillers and by-products, so it's not really the fact that she eats this stuff that bugs me. It's the fact that this shit is even on the market. This is very disturbing. Bleugh.

5. Had an idea for a great blog post as I was drifting off. Now? Pffft.

6. This song and video clip from "Blackpool." David Tennant's little hip thing at about 30 seconds in - and the wagging finger. Stuck in my head for 3 days now. Help me.


Fuck it. Might as well work out.




2 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

I just had a three night bout with insomnia and not only was I thinking about the weirdest, craziest shit at 4 in the morn,I was having bizzare recollections at 4 in the aft like the time I stuck a piece of crayon in my nose when I was 5 and having it appear in the bowl the next morning. I never remember swallowing it and thought it just disappeared into my brain.

After one good night of sleep the crazy thoughts go away...till the next time...

16 March, 2009 14:46  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

I hate nights like that. Especially #5.

Happy St. Patrick's!

17 March, 2009 10:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home