Thursday, December 15, 2005

Customer service in this country

...is going straight down the toilet.

Recently, I left my first ever negative feedback on ebay. I hated to do it, I gave the seller many chances to avoid it, but I had no choice. I'm a nice person, and having been in retail, I know that sometimes shipping takes longer than you like, and mistakes and problems occur that were unforeseen and take time to fix. This seller is NOT an individual, but a company, that claims big things, and does not deliver. Here's my tale:

1.November 2, I bid on, and win, a FRAMED PRINT. I read the fine print, which says "prints and frames ship from separate locations and sometimes arrive within a few days of each other." Well, okay, so they really shouldn't call it a FRAMED PRINT in the description then, should they? They should say "PRINT AND FRAME," right? Oh well...No big deal, it's cheap enough, I'll pop the thing in the frame myself, no harm done. (Except that the FRAMED PRINT was listed as $9.99, and once the shipping and insurance was added, I'd paid almost 50 BUCKS!)

2. I get 3 or 4 automated e-mails from the company about gift certificates, special offers, raffles, etc. Fine...I don't need any of that stuff, but I'll hang onto the e-mails, in case I need to contact them. Still a little peeved at the shipping charges.

3. The print arrives (from New York) in almost three weeks time from the time of purchase. Okay, it took a while, but if they're big and busy, I can see how it'd take some time. No worries. I'll expect the frame any day. (Really peeved at the shipping charges now, because the postage on the print was less than 2 bucks.)

4. Frame does not arrive within a few days of print, as stated in their shipping information. I start e-mailing the company. Politely ask things like "hey, just wondering about an E.T.A. on that frame. I'm anxious to start enjoying the print." No answer. I send three such e-mails over the course of two weeks. No answer. No answer, no answer.

5. December arrives, still no frame, still no e-mail reply about the ETA on the frame. I have NO IDEA where the thing is, if they're looking into it, if they even care that the last e-mail I sent was something like "I don't want to leave negative feedback, but if I don't get a reply TODAY, I will." No answer.

6. I leave negative feedback 5 weeks after ordering and paying for the FRAMED PRINT.

7. I get an e-mail from these arseholes THROUGH EBAY, asking me to retract my negative feedback. No direct communication from the company saying "we're looking into where that frame could be," or "the frame is set to arrive on such and such a date," NOTHING. They leave bad feedback for me, saying " customer well-informed and still left negative. POOR." HUH???? The lying fucks.

8. So, I contact them directly again, saying "Hey, I didn't want to leave bad feedback, I contacted you guys 5 times now, and haven't had a reply. I'll retract the negative when I get the frame, OR a direct communication from you guys, saying you're looking into it. Not one second before." I give them my daytime phone number. NO ANSWER.

9. I STILL have no frame, and have not heard from this company AT ALL. I'm about to report them to ebay. Fuck them. It's been 6 weeks, and they couldn't ship a frame from NEW YORK TO BOSTON in that time? They couldn't contact me? They couldn't even reply to an e-mail?

Fuck you Adam Hersh auctions, and the horse you rode in on.

9 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

That blows..
I am still hostile toward Jenny Richter, the bitch who jacked me on ebay in 1998 for the stupid Sugar Gay cd I paid for...

dammit!

15 December, 2005 15:49  
Blogger Andraste said...

I've just never had anyone screw me like this...my profile up until now was 100%...all GOOD. And now these fuckers wreck it, and it's all their own fault.

Anyway, filed a claim with paypal,and reported them to ebay.

With any luck, I'll at least recoup the $35 shipping charges...

15 December, 2005 15:57  
Blogger Andraste said...

oh, Rachy, that REALLY sucks. There's nothing worse than getting someone a gift and finding it unusable.

16 December, 2005 08:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a picture of me, isn't it? Thought so! Don't worry, I also look very cool without a frame.

16 December, 2005 09:20  
Blogger Andraste said...

Uhhhh...sure, Stephen, it's a picture of you. Posing like one of Modigliani's ladies... you know the one I mean.

Seriously though, it's Magritte's "Empire of Light." One of my most favorite paintings EVAH. Tried to upload a picture for the post, but blogger was fucked and wouldn't let me. It kept saying "Picture loaded," but nooooooo...it wasn't, was it.

16 December, 2005 09:25  
Blogger vague said...

Oooh, lovely! Magritte is one of my all-time, top-two favorite painters. (The other one is Egon Schiele. One day I will have a dog named Egon.)

Anyway, I hope you get your frame straightened out and the feedback retracted. I hate it when shit like that happens!

16 December, 2005 19:14  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yes, that's one of my most favorite paintings in the world too. There's an overall feeling of absolute calm about it, brings me back to childhood, sitting on my front porch at dusk on a summer day, listening to birds you only hear at dusk, watching the leaves NOT MOVE, as the streetlights come on. Suddenly, I'm 10 years old, just happy to be alive.

Fucking serenity, it's all I'm after.

16 December, 2005 20:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid Adam Hersh. He sucks. Go sign petitions to kick his ass of ebay.

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/AntiAdam
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/hershpetition

you are not the only one pissed.

07 February, 2006 04:41  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, anonymous! I just signed it. Bastards.

I'll be in NYC in early March, maybe I should pay them a visit. Me and my baseball bat.

07 February, 2006 09:38  

<< Home