Friday, December 16, 2005

Friday is shit weather day

Readers in the Boston area will note that this is the second Friday in a row of absolutely weird, shite, miserable weather. I try to make it a point never to complain about cold, snow, rain, etc., since I am not cut out at all for heat and humidity* and consequently do all of my whining in the summertime, when nasty yellowface burns my ivory paleness and hurts my delicate eyes. I guess I'm one of those ice people of the north. Happiest in a sweater and big boots.

So...I am quite enjoying the dreary wetness outside, and will only grumble a bit to myself about the slushy, icy sidewalks, which necessitate a silly walk when I go outside. But that's the extent of it.

I think an Irish Coffee will just about do it. Yep. Happy Friday all, cheers and OUT.





*Spent my honeymoon in Aruba and thought I would literally DIE from the heat. I held out until the last minute for Newfoundland, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, but my husband, whom I affectionately call "my little guinea," with his mediterranean sensibility, wanted a WARM honeymoon. I would have hiked the Cabot Trail, but he wanted beach. It's about compromise. And I DID enjoy myself...ate and drank like a pig and had a constant rum-buzz. Still, if I ever get talked into flying anywhere again, I get to pick...and we're going NORTH. That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Wow, fancy only having one shit weather day a week!

16 December, 2005 13:31  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yeah! Aside from the cold, which many people will whine about ad nauseum, it's been very pleasant here. And people say the weather in New England sucks... It's really not that bad.

16 December, 2005 13:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finland.

17 December, 2005 10:17  

<< Home