Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Despite my rejection of religion, and traditional Judeo-Christian "ethics," I like Easter. It's the overarching theme of spring and rebirth that does it for me.

Plus, I like rabbits.

Just got back from a sports bar, where I watched the Red Sox win, so I'm cheerful, and have a slight beer buzz, which is nice for a Sunday afternoon, holiday or not. Had a delightful second wind, put together a batch of chili for the week.


(Yes, vegetarian chili. Believe me, meat eaters, it's good. One tenth of the fat of normal chili, zero cholesterol, and all the taste. Ask my husband - he's a carnivore, and he likes it!)

Anyway, the point, before I go off on another tangent, is that this Easter got me to thinking...I wonder, if I could resurrect anyone, who would it be? Not like that horrid son in "The Monkey's Paw," I've thought of that. That wouldn't be very nice at all, would it? No one would thank me for that.


But having someone come back to life, healthy, normal, not partially decayed from the grave or stinky or anything. Who?

I'll go first. I would resurrect Joe Strummer.



How about it kids? Thoughts?

14 Comments:

Blogger Jagd Kunst said...

Hunter Thompson deserves to be tortured with life once again. He's had enough time off. But seriously, Bukowski could do with a drink by now, I think.

16 April, 2006 19:12  
Blogger Monstee said...

Hmmmm... hard to fit a criteria for what to judge said gift of life for. High up on me personal list would be John Belushi getting a second chance and maybe not screw it up this time. John or Bobby Kennedy or maybe Dr. King himself would be cool! See if they could still change the world or just take a look around and shit in their pants. But if me had to pick one it would be Bill Hicks, the funniest man to never make it.

16 April, 2006 20:32  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Adolf Hitler. It'd have to be.
No one has ever satisfactorily explained what the fuck they thought they were doing.

Bill Hicks is a good one.

What about Christ? Then we could ask him what......Oh yeah sorry.

17 April, 2006 06:17  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

If it wasn't gross I get Granny back up. She was cool as shit, made up great stories, made great hot chocolate, talked to herself nonstop and never ever got bored talking to children and terrirised my mother.
Famous folk- Cher. She is actually dead, right? I mean you've seen her face recently, right? There is no way she real. I want to see what she looks like when she can use her nerves endings and stuff.
And Roy Orbison, just becasue I liked his voice.
And Jeremy Brett, actor, becasue he was the best Sherlock Holmes EVER!

17 April, 2006 06:54  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

I was going to say Hitler too. Damn.

Genghis Kahn, then. Just so headline writers could use:

THE WRATH OF KAHN when we went on a rampage.

17 April, 2006 09:27  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

healthy, normal, not partially decayed from the grave or stinky or anything

Shane McGowan

17 April, 2006 13:42  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sigh, just so you know, I can spell because, but for some reason my fingers type becasue. I don't know why and I never notice until I've posted and yes, I do suffer from a very mild dyslexia.

17 April, 2006 14:27  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I read it as because the first time. I'm all over the fucking place now.

17 April, 2006 15:36  
Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

Calm down Maroon, it's only an example of saccadic word recognition.

17 April, 2006 17:11  
Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

Jack the Ripper, so we'd finally know who-done-it.

Oscar Wilde so he could finally enjoy gay rights

The rabbit that died at the end of Watership Down - I never did see the point.

Inspector Morse - The murder rate in Oxford actually fell after his demise. I'd like to conduct a ressurection experiment to see if he was actually causing them in the first place.

Shergar - butchered for being a champion

Yin and Yang - my pet budgies cut down in their prime

17 April, 2006 17:44  
Blogger Philip said...

that horrid son in "The Monkey's Paw," I've thought of that. That wouldn't be very nice at all, would it? No one would thank me for that

Oh, I don't know. Might be rather fun.

18 April, 2006 09:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would take a rain check for now until I died, and then pick myself ....

18 April, 2006 09:55  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Elvis. Colonel Parker would stay dead.

18 April, 2006 10:39  
Blogger Neal said...

Benny Hill. Everything has just seemed to move in slow motion since he passed.

20 April, 2006 09:24  

<< Home