Thursday, May 11, 2006

health, health, health, dahling.

Disgustingly healthy these days. No beer for 5 days now, and vastly reduced amounts for the last three weeks. Daily workouts and lots of water have me slimming down, braining up, kicking ass and taking names. But the cost, people, the cost.

Don't even feel like I'm denying myself much, since I feel like shit every time I drink beer now anyway. Two days of gut rot, abdominal pain, and metaphysical angst for every beer I drink.

I know what my doctor will say, "Well, just don't drink beer."

Noooooooooo! I don't want to hear that.

I want to hear "here's a prescription pill for your new beer allergy, just take one of these caramel tasting thingies every day with your morning coffee" or "switch to vodka."


Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.


4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

Maybe you just need to work your way back into drinking shape. Don't leave the beer-lover fold!

11 May, 2006 11:59  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I swear to god, I try really hard not to drink beer, it makes me feel terrible and gives me ferocious hangovers. Switch to wine, it's better for you.

11 May, 2006 12:22  
Blogger Monstee said...

One word....

Jägermeister!

Take 4 to 1 with every beer. Monsties swear by it.

12 May, 2006 04:32  
Blogger Andraste said...

Chris - I'll never leave the fold. As long as the world keeps producing all these yummy beers and there's a microbrew for every taste...and as long as there's Guinness, I'm in.

FMC - I do love nice red wine, but I don't like the staining of the teeth and lips, especially in public. And I only really like a few white wines, mostly the crisper, drier ones. Chardonnay tastes like piss to me. But white wine knocks me on my ass...it's so easy to drink quickly, that you can't gauge how drunk you are until it's too late.

Monstee - Jagermeister is cough medicine. Can't do it. Thanks for playing.

12 May, 2006 11:07  

<< Home