Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Don't MAKE me go all through the archives.


Here's something that irritates the crap out of me: When people leave comments on posts that are really, really old, and are too cryptic for me to guess what post they are commenting on. When I get the e-mails that tell me someone's commented, blogger doesn't show the date or title of the post.

I've sent in the suggestion to blogger to do that, but haven't seen them implement it.


It makes me seethe.

Especially when the commenter is some sick, perverted fuck-face, like the pigeon-brained little pencil-prick who commented on a January post of mine, just calling me some nasty names. Had to search for an hour to find the post, and then... this creepy bastard's blogger profile link took me to one of those web sites that shows real executions, tortures, hangings and shit? Seriously...this person needs some help. Or my fucking steel-toe Doc Marten up his poop-shoot. I'll be more than happy to oblige if he presents himself.

COME ON, IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH.


So...henceforth, after a post has been up a week or two, I will DISABLE comments on it. I have already gone back and done this on every post of this blog right up until the last 5 or 6. So any new comments, if I can't figure out what they're referring to, will be easy enough to find.

And that's all she wrote.

8 Comments:

Blogger Binty McShae said...

It used to annoy me too... until I discovered that at the bottom of the e-mail we get sent informing us of a comment is a link which looks like it's just a general one to the blog but in fact actually links to the relevant post.

18 April, 2006 20:38  
Blogger Monstee said...

Yup, sorry kido, me think blogger am ignoring you cause they already got that going. Me use that link in the emails me get all the time. But me know what you mean about being all confused when them comments to old posts come in. Its like... Dude! What the fuck?

Them me click on link and see what post it am. Me usually let it go cause about only thing me want to say am like... Dude! That am so six months ago! Where the fuck have you been?

Me also refuse to comment on other peoples posts that am like 3 or 4 back just for that reason.

19 April, 2006 02:58  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Safe T doesn't. If one rakes about ones site of an evening, one may be surprised to find recent funny comments from him as he prowls the Blogosphere through the long reaches of the night like the headcase phantom of the opera he is.

19 April, 2006 07:58  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh my god. I feel so stupid now.

Since the date on the link that blogger gives you shows the date of their comment, I always just assumed that it would take you to the post from that day.

Wait, I'll have some coffee and then I can bash my head against the wall.

19 April, 2006 09:18  
Blogger Ivar said...

was the filthy comment at least well put together? i really can't stand people that don't know how to curse properly.

;)

19 April, 2006 13:29  
Blogger Andraste said...

Ivar - the more virulent the comment, the more offensive...the least well put together.

I've noted this elsewhere I think: The most violently abusive people are also the ones who don't know the difference between "Your" and "You're."

19 April, 2006 13:35  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

...or between "to", "too", "two" or "tutu".

20 April, 2006 02:20  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I am so glad you raised that point and that others have shown the solution, because I have been as frustrated as hell when some spammers drop their spam into an old post, hoping no one will notice and delete it and I've had to crawl through so many posts before I find the damn thing. I had no idea about the link - I'd always just assumed it went to the home page so never checked it.

Thank you!

20 April, 2006 13:39  

<< Home