Wednesday, April 19, 2006

...well....DUUUUUHHHHHHH....


All right. My faithful friends have let me know that blogger DOES INDEED provide a way to find an old post that some idiot has commented on months later.

Well, dip me in breadcrumbs and call me a veal cutlet.

Still... because I still think it's incredibly lame to be commenting on posts that are so old they're crusty, I'll still disable comments on older posts. Because that's how I roll.

Rough week, people. In-laws in town, in my apartment. Picture the scene: Four adults, THREE CHILDREN, and three freaked out cats in a two bedroom apartment with ONE bathroom.

No sleep last night. We had screaming/crying/puking in the middle of the night. We've had baseballs bounced off walls. I've got a cat that WILL NOT come out of a corner of my bedroom, and will likely be dead of a heart attack by the time I get home.

Here's what I've learned:

1. I will probably never spawn.

2. Smoking is even MORE disgusting than I thought it was before, which is pretty bad.
3. Kids get up EEEEAAAARRRRRLLLLLYYYYYY. See #1.

These are well-behaved kids, too. Can you imagine if they weren't? I'd be up on charges by now.

6 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh poor lamb, sounds horrible. I too know the absolute horror of having people staying in my home, in my case Etheline, and she too gets up freakishly early. My elder sister has me 'mind her kids' for a few hours now and again when she is down this way. The three cats, who don't normally get along, spend the whole visit under my bed huffled together. I would say huddled but I mean huffled, you know all grouchy and shit.

19 April, 2006 15:48  
Blogger Phil said...

I feel your pain, although at least your pain is temporary.

My twin girls have been up at 1 am each night this week. One inevitably wakes up the other one.

20 April, 2006 13:48  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

Did the kids get any sleep with all your screaming, crying and puking?

20 April, 2006 15:05  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, Footie. I just KNEW someone would ask that.

I had it narrowed down to you or Binty.

20 April, 2006 15:10  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

I was going for a Maroonesque tone, actually.

21 April, 2006 05:20  
Blogger Student said...

unleash the rage, you will feel much better. Blogging is the therapy of the 21st centuary!

Last time I was over at my sisters I got the early morning wake up call. On the bright side I got to watch about 200 hours of pokemon.

Hoo ya

21 April, 2006 06:17  

<< Home