Friday, May 05, 2006

Really...RAWTHER Busy.


Rilly...I've been EVER SO BUSY this week, I simply have not had a MOMENT to blog.

It is my job to see that 60 doctoral students get all their dissertation approvals, final copies, copyright paperwork, all other niggling little details out of the way by 4:30 today, so that they graduate this June.

They're calling, panicking, e-mailing, panicking...really absolutely terrified that I'll turn them away and say they can't graduate because their page numbers don't line up or I Don't Like Their Font. At 4:30, I'll get at the very least, 3 tearful phone calls, from students who ignored my advice to do all this a day or two early, who are desperate for an extension of the deadline because "the copy place lost my dissertation..." It would be funny, if it weren't just a little sad, in a way.



So you see...I'm an absolutely important person.




Look for me this evening, drinking in Harvard Square with my office mates. I'll be the tired-looking one... with the twitch.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

You notice how everyone's too scared to comment? Maybe they've all got dissertations to get in and will not tempt fate.

07 May, 2006 16:36  
Blogger Andraste said...

I thought it was just because lately this blog kind of sucks, so no one's checking in...

07 May, 2006 17:04  
Blogger Monstee said...

Nah, we am scared. That why we no commening...
NOT cause it sucks.

08 May, 2006 02:52  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It wouldn't let me comment on Saturday, the blogger sign just kept swirlling away. I was going to say ..'the power the power...' Seems sort of daft now though.

08 May, 2006 04:42  
Blogger 34quinn said...

HI, your comment about tom cruise just killed me and I am still laughing so I had to pop over to your blog and learn a bit more about you.
Have a good day.

08 May, 2006 11:20  
Blogger 34quinn said...

HI again ,
just read back through many of your posts and I laughed alot!
Especially your posts about aging and zits man can I relate.
oh and fatmammycat thanks for the visual about your pubes.!lol.
I look forward to comming back to your blog.

08 May, 2006 11:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home