Monday, May 01, 2006

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!


A few random thoughts for a busy Monday.

* The Red Sox need to stop stranding men on base. I think we're leading the league in squandered opportunities here. Hear me fellas? You want to get on that? Okeeeeee dokeee. Thanks.

* My new elliptical machine is up and running. Thank Salma, I can exercise again. I was beginning to feel fat and stupid. (No smartass remarks in the comments section calling me fat and stupid, okay. I'll just delete them. Plus, see next bullet point.)

* I'm now wearing men's 33 waist jeans, down from 34 a month or two ago. These 33's are now feeling loose. I will soon be investing in a few pairs of 32 waist. HOOFUCKINGRAY FOR ME.

* My friends and family need to remember that the summer only has 12 weekends in it. If you take out the weekends that we have Red Sox tickets for, and various special "events" that come up every summer, that doesn't leave a lot of time for travel. Heaven forbid we should want to stay home and have a quiet weekend here and there in the summer, too. Therefore, if, by Labor Day, we haven't had a chance to visit you, it's not that we haven't wanted to, we just ran out of time. And for Chrissakes...people who NEVER come to Boston to visit US have no business bitching about that anyway. So suck it. Gas ain't cheap, either.

4 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Congrats on the inch missus, an inch is a fair loss, but in a month? That's pretty impressive.

02 May, 2006 13:15  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks FMC! - and I managed it without my exercise machine. No fried foods, no sweets, no junk whatsoever. If I can manage to stay off all the crap now taht I have my elliptical up, I'm going to be svelt by summer.

..think I'll go bathing suit shopping!

02 May, 2006 14:27  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Relatives with double standards of visitation must be a universal.
I especially hate it on Christmas, since both of us come from families with divorce in it.
And no one sees that they are putting stress on us by pressuring us for an appearance.

03 May, 2006 06:42  
Blogger Andraste said...

Especially when they live a two hour drive in opposite directions!

I resolve to say fuck'em. I'm not responsible for the emotional states of people who don't take MY needs and emotional state into consideration.

Selfish fucks.

03 May, 2006 11:55  

<< Home