Friday, April 21, 2006

and you know what else?


I am very, very, very tired. Here I am at the end of a long, hectic week. This rabbit needs her beauty sleep. I'm going back to the warren for a nice evening silflay and then a loooooong nap.

Did you know that rabbits only sleep for about 20 minutes at a time? The lower down the food chain, the more alert you have to be. So higher predators, like cats, sleep about 18 hours. They don't have much to fear, so they can kip longer without fear of attack.

I think that's great in the wild, but domestic cats too? It sucks. Because my cats sleep all goddamn day, they think nothing of a rousing game of 'King of the Mountain' at 4 AM, using my sleeping form as the mountain.

Oh, and here's something cute. The kitten? The one that I was sure would be dead of a heart attack because of our house guests this week? Missed her routine so much she actually got INTO the tub with me this morning as I took my shower. She had soooooo much to say, that she couldn't say for two days, that she risked being showered on, to sit IN THE TUB to give me an update.


Enough fucking cuteness. It's almost 5pm on a Friday.

Why am I still sober? I'll fix this soon enough.

HUZZAH!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

My cats easily sleep 20 hours a day. Lazy bastards.

22 April, 2006 06:16  

<< Home