Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I lied...blog hiatus postponed...

Okay, does anybody know the whereabouts of WCRB, the classical station? They moved, and didn't tell me where they went. One day they were there, and the next, there's fucking COUNTRY coming out of my clock radio at 6am. Now, don't get me wrong, I love REAL country music, but let's be clear:

THE SHIT THAT CURRENTLY CALLS ITSELF COUNTRY MUSIC AND GETS PLAYED ON THE RADIO AS SUCH IS NEITHER COUNTRY, NOR IS IT EVEN LISTENABLE. IT IS FUCKING M.O.R., JINGOISTIC, GLITTERY FUCKING GOBSHITE.

I DO NOT want to hear some redneck asshole in a hat yodeling about the values of hard work and patriotism that his daddy passed on to him. I'd rather jam a knitting needle in my ear and take out my hearing altogether.

They must have announced where on the dial they've gone to before they went, but I listened to WCRB for the music, and tuned out when they talked. I've moved the dial around a fair amount, and I've come across classical music, and thought "ah, there they are." But, alas, when the alarm goes off in the morning, do I hear the lovely strains of my boy Johann Sebastian Bach, easing me into my morning routine? Am I greeted warmly into my day by the romanticism of Tchaikovsky? Charmed and delighted by the cleverness of Schubert or Chopin?

The answer is no.

Seems all I've found is stations that tease with dulcet goodness and night, only to bring on fucking jazz shows in the morning. Go to sleep to Beethoven or Telemann, wake up to...tuneless, soulless, pretentious dickheads, fellating a saxophone.

I'm against it!

Where...oh where...has CRB gone?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. One time I woke up and thought, this isn't my house. There was a girl laying next to me and I was all like damn, I don't remember killing her last night. Then the radio came on and I didn't know the station and that's when I realised I was asleep and none of this was actually happening. Same thing. And I do hate that modern jazz stuff.

Fucking hell, I just drank a bottle of Benylin, so can't be held respon-

20 December, 2006 11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It went to the old country station! It's somewhere down in the 90s. (I don't have my pre-set home stereo here.) They switched at the beginning of the month.

99.5 Found it!

http://www.wcrb.com/

And word on the country music. Long live Cash!

20 December, 2006 11:11  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, Amy! I know I could easily have just gotten on the internet and found it...

But then what would have happened to my lovely rant, and showing people that though I am a foul-mouthed, angry little rodent, I still know my classical composers.

WhaddayafuckinmeanImpretentious?!

Why I oughta...

20 December, 2006 11:17  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Jazz? The sheer horror of it makes me want to hurl.

20 December, 2006 11:28  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hah! So I figured out why I can't hear it...they've moved to Lowell, and 99.5 on my dial sounds less like music, and more like...I don't know, a paper shredder.

Bah.

20 December, 2006 16:30  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I see the Hiatus is going well :)

20 December, 2006 18:06  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

I call it 'cuntpop' .

21 December, 2006 01:46  
Blogger Kav said...

Why do my comments keep showing up as anonymous on people's blags? This is kav, in case it happens again. Gah.

21 December, 2006 06:31  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Woozie, welcome to the pub. The issue is the station I have tuned on my clock radio - I can't wake up to buzzing or I'll be even MORE cantankerous than normal, nobody wants that. Guess I just have to invest in a CD player clock radio...

Kav - I knew it was you, don't you worry.

Knudsen - and right you are.

Kim - Blog hiatus will officially start Saturday. I just wanted something up there in case I didn't have anything to bitch about between now and then, so I wouldn't feel pressure.

21 December, 2006 09:32  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Have you ever noticed that country stations ALWAYS come in, no matter where you are? I think it's because aliens are sending the signals. It's their plan to drive us to kill each other off so they can colonize the planet.

21 December, 2006 11:43  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Get out the rum, those people were awful!

21 December, 2006 14:44  
Blogger Andraste said...

OUCH!!!

Oddly enough, I showed a friend's condo to someone today, with similar thoughts about the potential renters. Seemed okay, but had 'issues' with the lack of central A/C - in a 100 year old brownstone!

21 December, 2006 15:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, on this soulless, pretentious Jazz/fellating a saxophone thing? Wrong! Don't even start with me.
Send a letter to Sonny Rollins.

On the Cuntry thing? Right!

and Happy New Year

28 December, 2006 10:57  
Blogger Bock the Robber said...

I sense you are angry.

Here's worse news:

Guy Clark is about to die. What will we do?

28 December, 2006 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home