Monday, July 02, 2007

Old? Me? Maybe...


Or just in possession of outdated equipment. (Insert saggy boob joke here.)

I'm listening to an album. As in a vinyl LP - 33RPM. It's The English Beat's "Special Beat Service." Man, this shit still sounds great to me.

That's how old I am.

Here's what I've done so far today:

1. Had some caffeine for the first time in over three weeks. Uhhhhh...ZOOOOM!!!!! And HURRAY FOR CAFFEINE. I've missed you, buddy.

2. Put up the bat house on the back of the garage.

3. Worked out for 50 minutes on the exercise bike.

4. Did laundry.

5. Tried to paint a couple of walls that are still pink and annoying to me. Paint has gone bad over the winter, from several freezes and thaws. Knew we shouldn't have stored it in the garage - it's Ralph Lauren paint, about 30 bucks a gallon. Stupid. At least I saved the label so I can have them mix me another batch at Home Depot... Oh, I just LOVE Home Depot. And they have good reason to love me. I could spend days in there, and all my money.

6. Screw this inside shit. It's beautiful out there and since I can't paint, I might just as well get outside with my book, and maybe a glass of wine, and enjoy myself.

Coffee and wine in the same day after a month off one, and three weeks off the other. When I come off the wagon I do it in fine style. Spectacular. If I don't die from all the sudden toxicity hitting my system, it's going to be a LOVELY evening.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Like Ian Hunter sang, "Old records never die..." Playing some old vinyl puts a smile on my face every time I do it on a Sunday morning.

02 July, 2007 14:59  
Blogger Manuel said...

Vinyl all the way! Good tunes there, very good tunes...

02 July, 2007 17:00  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Woo hoo. Booze, coffee, AND records. A great day indeed.

02 July, 2007 17:33  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Enjoy it, and I'm going to assume you're foot loose and fancy free tomorrow too. So enjoy that.

03 July, 2007 15:20  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

Rock on, girl, in a mod kind of way.

And have a good holiday!

03 July, 2007 21:34  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Happy 4th, babe.

have you got any bats yet?

04 July, 2007 18:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home