Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Maturity

Almost a week has gone by since my home computer died.

It took the weekend to fix, and till last night to rebuild and reload all my operating systems and flashplayers and virus protection and stuff, and get e-mail back on-line. That's right, almost 7 full days of work, but it's back up and running, thanks to the patience of my friends at Dell, and McAfee, and Comcast, and various other on-line help services and what have you.

I'm posting today to let the world know this:

I only had ONE temper tantrum the entire time.

Let me repeat that for those who don't understand the full significance of this:

I only had ONE TEMPER TANTRUM over any part of this, from last Thursday to last night.

This was, at minimum, a 20 tantrum series of events for someone like me - no gene for patience, and no patience for tech-speak, convoluted instructions, too many steps, or trial and error processes.

Have I finally grown up?

I'm fucking Zen, me.

That is all.


13 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Congratulations. Maybe you are maturing.

I thought I was past the extreme temper tantrums of my youth, but during an argument with my spouse the other day I lost my shit and threw my laptop at him. I'm fuckin' 30.

25 March, 2009 15:55  
Blogger Andraste said...

Cut yourself some slack, Ann - we're talking about a marital argument. Everyone gets a pass for those!

25 March, 2009 16:03  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

One temper tantrum that lasted 7 days? Pretty damned impressive if you ask me!

25 March, 2009 16:16  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh hardy har harrrrrr, Kim.

25 March, 2009 16:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed your birthday by a few days - sorry about that .... but HB anyway!

25 March, 2009 21:53  
Blogger Andraste said...

Stephen - thanks, Chief. Doesn't feel so bad to be 43, considering the alternative.

26 March, 2009 00:49  
Blogger laughykate said...

God I am pleased I don't work in a cubicle. Otherwise that would be me smacking the shit out of my computer.

26 March, 2009 02:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

Me too, LK. Cubicle life would make me want to kill my computer, then myself.

26 March, 2009 07:48  
Blogger Pearl said...

Whatever you're smoking, pass it this way. Impressive mellow.

Pearl

26 March, 2009 23:00  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Argh! A thousamd fatcatular apologies. I have not set up some secret society of only 'we cool kids' I have in fact been beset with 'real' work, and have had to close the site for a few weeks while I fret and sweat and make slow groaning sounds, none of them sexy. I've barely had time to scratch my arse, so I am very sorry indeed and am deelighted to hear you are zenning it up beeg style.
Muchio kissios.
FMC ( if you ever want to gmail me I am at that, fatmammycat at gee-mail dot com.)

27 March, 2009 09:51  
Blogger Andraste said...

Cat! No apologies necessary. LK filled me in on the sitch. Totally understood, perfectly cool, copacetic and all goooood.

Sorry to hear you're buried in work - but it means lots of moolah anyway, right?

Looking forward to your triumphant return, whenever it happens!

And Pearl - didn't smoke a toke, believe it or not. Wish I could though - but that stuff makes me worse than useless. I'd never have gotten the damn computer up and running at all!

Happy weekend!

27 March, 2009 10:05  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Just thinking about working on fixing my computer pisses me off and frustrates me...I need some mellow too!!

28 March, 2009 08:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to beat a computer.

28 March, 2009 08:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home