Monday, June 19, 2006

Friends don't let friends...


A friend has pointed out that hey, indeed, ONCE in my life, I did paint my toenails. Once, for ONE party, a dress-up affair for which I actually (GASP) bought and WORE sandals. Fucking ridiculous, as it was basically a party for the softball team. Thought we'd all dress up and show off our ripped and toned bods.

Ghey.

Afterwards I whined and moaned about getting the polish OFF of the toes, which was a NIGHTMARE (fuckers have indentations and CORNERS, damn them) and gave the sandals to charity. I have kept the skirt, because it's black, and you never know when you're going to need something like that for a funeral or job interview.


So yes, in fact, I HAVE, once or twice in my life, worn a dress, did something to my hair besides wash it, put on make-up, worn bling, the whole effing shooting match.

And I looked fucking hot, all right?

The point is this: I didn't like it. And I never will.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh ... you looked so lovely that night. But darling, you usually do anyway ... war-paint or not.
But that was sure a fun party!
xoxo
mrspea

19 June, 2006 13:01  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, Mrspea! We all looked pretty effing good, non?

19 June, 2006 13:05  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

If you were a guy I have no doubt that you'd grow a beard the minute you discovered what a pain the in the arse it is shaving every day.

19 June, 2006 13:48  
Blogger Andraste said...

Maybe not a full beard, Kim, but I would definitely have a pretty good growth going by the end of the weekend!

19 June, 2006 21:05  
Blogger SheBah said...

"And I looked fucking hot, all right?
The point is this: I didn't like it. And I never will."

Ya didn't like looking hot? You're kidding, right? A girl can conquer the world when she's looking hot!

20 June, 2006 07:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

I don't mind looking hot, the point is that I look hot in jeans and t-shirts too. What I DIDN'T like was all the polish, makeup, extra shite. I will NEVER, EVER be comfortable in anything that isn't jeans. Skirts? Fucking awful.

20 June, 2006 09:24  
Blogger SheBah said...

There is something liberating about going bare faced, and wearing flat thong shoes, and leaving the hair straighteners in the drawer, which I'd never do in London, only on holiday. A rare indulgence, otherwise next it'd be elasticated waists and hairy legs - the slippery slope! Andraste, about skirts, flashing a bit of leg is always a winner - I think if you go shopping and try on a Diane von Furstenberg silk wrap dress - you'll never want to take it off! They're fucking lovely! Chilli hot!

20 June, 2006 10:45  

<< Home