Thursday, August 16, 2007

WEIRD

So...the first few blogs I looked at today - Fatmammycat, Mr. Beer & Hockey, and Kim Ayres - ALL had posts up about dreams. Since I dreamed some weird shit last night too, I thought I'd post about it.

Last night I dreamed that an old friend of a friend I haven't seen in about 10 years (Tor, of all people!) , showed up, wanting to give me guinea pigs. He didn't have a cage, and it turned out that he had not one or two, but FOUR guinea pigs to unload, and he had males and females all together in the same box. This means that I wasn't getting just four guinea pigs, I was getting four guinea pigs PLUS however many would result from guinea pigs of both sexes being boxed up together for an indeterminate period of time. I spent the remainder of the dream trying to separate the guinea pigs by gender, and making (Again, TOR?!) go and buy some cages while I broke the news to SPOUSE that we now had a houseful of rodents, as well as the three cats and that spider in the first floor bathroom I won't let him kill because I've named her Harriet, and she's eating lots of more annoying insects.

Anyone have a guess what this might mean? Also found a pretty funny picture of a guinea pig in a dress - but blogger is, once again, being a total fuckwad and not letting me post it.

Okay, back to vacation mode. I've finished my vodka experiments and have decided the difference between the listed brands wasn't significant enough for a full report. I've now moved on to an effort to rid the world of Sangria, one batch at a time.

9 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Good lor (goes with Tor) you're pregnant!

16 August, 2007 18:17  
Blogger Andraste said...

Whoah Nelly! Now you're talking crazy talk, Cat. Pregnancy is doubtful - though if that turns out to be the case, rest assured, the bloggers will know as soon as I do!

16 August, 2007 18:27  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Perhaps the guinea pigs symbolized your innermost feelings. i.e. gimme pigs.

16 August, 2007 22:04  
Blogger Andraste said...

PORK FRIED RICE!!!!

16 August, 2007 22:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was talking to an old friend recently about our old circle of friends - many who are now scattered around the globe, and she said, 'I don't have to keep in touch with anyone these days because I keep dreaming about everyone. And then, when I get sick of you all, I drink too much and you all go away.' So if your dreams start doing your head in, simple, drink more.

16 August, 2007 23:55  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

It's just the general "everyone else is loading me up with their shit and I don't want to have to deal with it" kind of dream.

Or as FMC says, you're pregnant.

Had any cravings for pickles & ice cream?

17 August, 2007 05:13  
Blogger Andraste said...

Laughykate, that's the best advice anyone's ever given me.

Kim - That explanation is as good as the pregnancy, and far more likely...the last time someone tried to load me up with their shit, I told them to go screw and I'm much happier for it. But it could be happening again and I'm not even conscious of it. Or it could be that I'm thinking I want to adopt a kid...or a guinea pig.

17 August, 2007 11:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howsitgoin'? Youneedaguineapighat.

(mwahahaha)

~Sare

17 August, 2007 13:43  
Blogger Andraste said...

Sare! How's it hangin'?

"Hey...has anybody seen my kid?"

17 August, 2007 13:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home