Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rainy Sunday in the Rabbit Warren

I do love a rainy Sunday. It's 1:34PM here, and evidently I'm not working out today, because if I were, I'd have done it by now. I'm still in my jim-jams, with nothing to do but dick around on my computer, read, wait while the slow-cooker bubbles away on today's yummy soup, and listen to the rain fall. Later, I shall open a nice bottle of red wine.

I am living the dream.

While I've got you here, since you clearly have as little to do as I do, here's my finger, 8 weeks after the office window skirmish. A neighbor who used to do manicures for a living says I'll probably lose the nail eventually. I'm not sure. Wouldn't it have dropped off by now?




In the background are the front windows of my little library. On the left is the stereo thingy I talked about a few months ago, with a stack of books on top which I call my 'on deck circle.' It was down to three or four books, then I had a birthday and it was re-stocked. I'm good for another couple months' worth of reading material. I frigging LOVE that.

In the lower right-hand corner, that dark blur, is this rabbit. Yes, it's a lawn decoration, which spends its summers in the herb garden. But he has such a cheerful little face, and is so frigging cute, I bring him in for the winters, to sit in the corner of my library, to brighten my days. I lo'heem.

You guys didn't know I was such a drip, did you?

While I'm here, and I have time, why don't I just brighten all your worlds and show you the rest of my library.



This is my Sunday perch, a little loveseat we found on Craigslist for free, and covered with a cheap-ass slipcover, that actually turned out to be too big. I tuck it in and tighten it pretty frequently, but it still gets pretty messy. This is where I shall be in a few minutes, when I'm finished boring you with this post.

And I know what you're thinking now. You're thinking, this nutbag calls this room her library, but there's only a few books that I can see. What gives? Well, here then. There are many more books in the house than this, but I haven't been able to get my shit together to buy any larger bookcases (saving for hardwood floors is a priority) so there are many books upstairs in the guest bedroom, or stacked up next to the bed.

What the hell. In for a penny, in for a pound. Might as well just throw the whole room in here. Let my peeps into my world, as it were. Here's my desk. The computer is currently showing this unfinished blog post, still in composition. How's THAT for meta-blogging.

The picture over the desk is that awesome Albrecht Durer rabbit painting. I like rabbits, no shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pearl said...

That nail is pretty impressive.

The funny thing about a nail coming off is that it doesn't just fall off, it kinda lifts around the corners. Keep it trimmed down so it doesn't catch on something and rip off!
:-)

Cheery, ain't I?!

Pearl

29 March, 2009 22:59  
Blogger laughykate said...

You think you're a drip with a rabbit you keep inside in the winter? After a post I did about how cool it would be to have a pair of (non shitting, but living) moreporks (New Zealand owls) sitting in your wardrobe vaguely disapproving of every clothing choice you made, a stuffed morepork turned up in the mail. My mother sent it to me. It is now in my wardrobe.

Let me get this straight, I am not a stuffed-animal type of girl (didn't even really care for them as a child), but I think I just officially out-dripped you.

31 March, 2009 03:07  
Blogger Andraste said...

Pearl - they ...gulp...LIFT...around the corners? That's just plain disgusting.

LK - Having a disapproving SOMETHING in your closet is a great idea. I probably would never listen to whatever IT was...though I could use one of the guys from Queer Eye on call...

31 March, 2009 09:42  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

"I lo'heem" made me spit out the tea.
Funny and sweet, Andraste.

11 April, 2009 11:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home