Friday, April 03, 2009

Blurt.

I think that when the authorities find the computer virus- and worm- creating hackers, they should publish their names and addresses so that people like myself, with violent dispositions, armed and pissed off, can go over to their houses and beat the snot out of them.

Remember when my home computer shat the bed? I suspect it was a virus. And this week, yy-eahhhh, my computer at work fell victim to a worm. I don't think it was conficker, but it was pretty fucking vicious and required our IT department a whole day to fix it. What did I do in my office for a day without my computer? Well, my office has never BEEN so clean, for one thing. And I got some reading done.

What the hell did people DO in offices before the computer and e-mail? I imagine they scribbled on paper with these archaic instruments I've heard tell of, things called pens and pencils, or ...christ, how awful...I can't even think of it without squirming...spoke to people on the telephone. Ugh.

Okay, so I'm back up and running now. I'm fine. Really. Again, I didn't have a temper tantrum - just indulged in a bit of whimpering and a low growl or two.


And it's Friday. And the bi-monthly kilted man of the week is...........








Hamish Clark, everybody. Woot! Woot! Woot! The only reason I ever watched "Monarch of the Glen." It aired at 11:30 on Sunday nights, so many is the Monday I would arrive at work with the old dark circles under the bloodshot eyes (you cannot watch MOTG without a few Scottish beers in you) and half a working brain cell. Worth it. Totally.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better their addresses than mine in the comments section of Universal Hub.

Now I think I need to get my hands on a DVD of that show. Yum-my.

03 April, 2009 21:21  
Blogger Annie said...

Yummy. Hamish, I mean, not the Scottish beer.

04 April, 2009 06:59  
Blogger laughykate said...

That was weird, as I was scrolling down to see who the Kilted Man of the Week was going to be (and wondering how long it would take before you ran out of them), into my head popped Monarch of the Glen....and behold! Who did I find myself looking at?

05 April, 2009 00:42  
Blogger Student said...

I always liked the lady with the big jaw. mmmm big jawed scottish ladies!

07 April, 2009 08:47  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

He's rocking the kilt, but the sweater is fug. And it looks to small or snug for him.

11 April, 2009 11:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rented the series from the public library, lost it, got charged more than I make in a month, and thus vowed to never watch it. Still..all the men running around in kilts this St. Patty's stirred something in me...may have to try again.

12 April, 2009 12:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home