Thursday, May 07, 2009

Detoxing for creative dreaming

Today is day 6 without coffee. Which explains why this week feels like it started back in the frigging Neolithic.

Has anyone else had the experience, when detoxing from anything, be it coffee, alcohol, drugs...that you get some really insane dreams? I certainly do.

Here are a few highlights from this week:


*I was sharing a frat house with the surviving members of Big Country, and working on putting the band back together. It is unclear who was to do the singing. Don't ask me - I was there out of context. Of course I had to do all the flaming house-cleaning.

*I was drinking gins the size of watering cans, at a full-on, black and white, late 50's or early 60's style cocktail party, the guest list of which included Peter Cook, Kingsley Amis, and Peter Sellers. Yep - in my dream life, I party with dead guys. As everyone else in the dream, I was in FAB-ulous 50's gear, complete with spike heels, bitchin' cocktail dress, make-up, and hair that looked like this:





*I was imprisoned in my home town's library, a building I haven't entered in about 20 years, on a minor charge (haven't a clue what) and waiting for trial - but kind of indifferent about getting out because I was making a mint by hoarding toilet paper and selling it at a huge profit to other inmates. Plus, the jump suit made my ass look gorgeous.

Tonight, I bet it has something to do with professional sports, maybe Milan Lucic and kittens. Hope so, anyway.



3 Comments:

Blogger laughykate said...

I do like the sound of the cocktail party dream. I had a dream the other night where a person I was with was being really funny and cracking me up. We were being smart arses to a woman who was being very bolshy and overbearing. I remember thinking how witty that person was, and then in my dream realised it was a dream, and that I was making the lines up myself.

Sort of a dream within a dream.

08 May, 2009 01:01  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Happened to me too January one year before when I gave up hooch and coffee together. I was okay for two days then I had hallucinations instead of dreams. It does pass though. Honestly.

09 May, 2009 06:05  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I am mesmerized by the hairdo.
How many pins are in it?
Like 300?

11 May, 2009 18:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home